[Eeglablist] the activity power spectrum of the ICA component looks not smooth

Makoto Miyakoshi mataothefifth at yahoo.co.jp
Tue Jan 26 17:56:47 PST 2010

Dear Hui,

Oh yes this is familiar to me. This is most probably because spectrum
computation mistakenly calculate only the first trial of the data. I
thought this was fixed in the updated version of EEGLAB. If you have a
reason not to use the other versions, please check EEGLAB BUGZILLA 698.
Below are the copy from there.

spectopo.m line 650

where, in my case, epoch_subset = [1 1 1 1 1 1...]. This analyzes only the
first trial. This is unacceptably misleading, so let me report this as a
blocker. I remember the same thing happened to me before and I fixed it for
myself, but this time I totally forgot it and wondered what was wrong with
my data. As a temporally solution, I added

epoch_subset = find(epoch_subset == 1);

in the line643 after 'else'.

This does not happen when I use the ver. 6.01. I'm not sure though if this
always happens.

Makoto