[Eeglablist] MATLAB and BIOPAC Issues

Matthew Facciani facciamj at westminster.edu
Sun Jan 2 09:44:29 PST 2011

Hello All,

I am trying to conduct analyses on my EEG data but I keep running into problems. I used BIOPAC software to collect my data and I'm trying to find asymmetry values from doing the analyses of FFT, spectral analysis, and a log function. However, when I wrote a program to run these analyses via MATLAB I obtain numbers much higher than the literature suggests. I've conducted the analyses verbatim from previous articles but all the other articles have used another software for data collection (namely neuroscan). Is there something about BIOPAC that could alter MATLAB analysis? I also ran into problems when I was using EEGLAB. Is there a certain procedure I should do to convert my BIOPAC files (.acq) into something MATLAB can read? Saving the files as .mat and .txt didn't work for EEGLAB, and I couldn't figure out the correct functions using MATLAB to accurately analyze my data.

I appreciate any feedback, thank you!