[Eeglablist] simultaneous fMRI-EEG recording

Eishi Asano, MD, PhD, MS eishi at pet.wayne.edu
Mon Jan 10 15:58:43 PST 2011

can the STUDY design tool handle 3 independent variables?Dear All,

A happy new year. We'd like to initiate fMRI-EEG simutaneous recording. Our Nihon Kohden digital EEG system has a sampling frequency up to 10,000Hz for 19 channels.

Would it be possible to do simultaneous fMRI-EEG recording without purchasing a new EEG system?
If so, do we have to buy a special electrode cap (such as carbon electrodes)?
Is there free or commertially-available software to reduce artifacts driven by MRI?

Thank you very much for your generous help!

Eishi
Eishi Asano, MD, PhD, MS (CRDSA)
Associate Professor, Pediatrics and Neurology
Director, Electroneurodiagnostics

Office:
Room 3C 125
Division of Pediatric Neurology,
Children's Hospital of Michigan,
Wayne State University.

3901 Beaubien Street, Detroit,
Michigan, 48201, USA.
Phone: +1-313-745-5547
FAX: +1-313-745-0955
Pager: 4455#
E-mail: eishi at pet.wayne.edu
This message (including any attachments) contains information intended for a
specific individual(s) and purpose that may be privileged, confidential or
otherwise protected from disclosure pursuant to applicable law.  Any
inappropriate use, distribution or copying of the message is strictly
prohibited and may subject you to criminal or civil penalty.  If you have
received this transmission in error, please reply to the sender indicating
this error and delete the transmission from your system immediately.