[Eeglablist] ICA decomposition filtering and subsampling

Julie Onton julie at sccn.ucsd.edu
Sat Mar 12 07:28:03 PST 2011

Hi Marco,

More points are helpful when they are, indeed, more data (ie, more time).
Having a higher sampling rate might have minor advantages for relatively messy
datasets, but for good clean data, a higher or lower sampling rate probably
makes no difference. However, I have not tried decompositions with less than
250 Hz sampling rate, nor over 512Hz, so all I can say is that the difference
between 256 and 512 is generally hard to detect.

Best, Julie

--
Julie Onton, PhD
http://sccn.ucsd.edu/~julie