[Eeglablist] epoched or continuous data analysis

Barkaszi Irén barkaszi at cogpsyphy.hu
Mon Mar 21 08:23:45 PDT 2011

Dear all,

I ran ICA on my 3-stimulus oddball task with extended infomax algorithm
on continuous (Neuroscan cnt) and epoched (eeg) data too. I had 800
trials (SOA=1000 ms), epoch length was 1000 ms (-200 ms to 800 ms). The
components differed in this two analyses (continuous and epoched data,
equal data length). In the epoched data there are meaningful components
which are absent in the cnt analysis. There is one blink component in
the epoched analysis, but in the cnt data several components (more than
10) consist blink. Does anyone can explain me my result?

Kind regards,
Iren