[Eeglablist] Large-volume cross-coherence analysis

Arnaud Delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Tue Mar 29 10:46:28 PDT 2011

Hi Thomas and Will,

EEGLAB does not store the FFT for individual channels, so if you want to compute the coherence between all pairs of channels, the FFT will have to recomputed for every pair. I agree that this is far from being optimal. However, coherence analysis should be replaced by partial coherence analysis that considers the multi-variate EEG data channels (or ICA sources) and remove spurious (indirect) coherence. The SIFT toolbox (Source Information Flow Toolbox) of Tim Mullen that is built on top of EEGLAB does exactly that (and many other things).

http://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/SIFT