[Eeglablist] 'model' problems while using BCILAB online.

marsel mano marsel.mano at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 21:20:09 PDT 2011

Hi everyone,

I recently started to use BCILAB 0.9 beta2b and everything is working fine
when I process the data offline.
But when it comes to online processing i can't create an online predictor
with the model and the stream that I have.
The error is as follows:

*>>onl_newpredictor('mypredictor',lastmodel,mystream);*
*Undefined function or method 'evalin' for input arguments of type 'struct'.
*
*occured in*
*  resolve_rawdata: 171*
*  resolve_rawdata: 236*
*  resolve_rawdata: 236*
*  resolve_rawdata: 236*
*  resolve_rawdata: 236*
*  onl_newpredictor: 124*
*??? Error using ==> onl_newpredictor at 140*
*The given model has an unexpected structure.*

When I load EEGLAB datasets I get the following message:

 * The loaded EEGLAB set is lacking an online expression; assuming it
contains unfiltered data.*
*   If it contains filtered data, however, BCI models derived from it will
likely not be online-capable.*

then I use bci_train to get the model which by the way has some
online expressions on tracking field. Anyway when it comes to creating a
predictor it shows the above error.

I tried other training dataset types (".dat", ".bdf",".vhdr") but still
nothing.
I am not sure if it is the problem with the training dataset or training
approach, and I have tried training different approaches as well but still
no results.

Can anyone tell me how to solve this issue?
If anyone could share some suitable EEGLAB sets successfully used for
training online capable models, would be appreciated.

With Best Regards

--
Marsel Mano
PhD Candidate (University Of Toyama)