[Eeglablist] biosig function and bio-semi triggers - mystery resolved!

Baris Demiral demiral.007 at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 27 02:09:57 PDT 2011

Hi Alois, Arno,

Yes, BioSig event reader bdf2biosig_events.m in the new versions takes Case
4 as the default option written under the folder:
 /eeglab10_1/external/biosig-partial/t200_FileAccess. I tried this in some
of the later versions of EEGLAB_9 too, and it seems that using this default
option started a while ago.

So, it seems the default Case 4 is a better starting point for reading
events as Alois recommended. I would like to thank Alois again for providing
this support for us.

I have another point to make Arno, it is again related to pre-copmpute
function. I really want to use newer versions of EEGLAB but here what
happens:

In version 9_0_4 the error message was:

Error in ==> eeg_getdatact at 193
        data = data(:,:,opt.trialindices);

Error in ==> std_erp at 158
        EEG(dat).data = eeg_getdatact(EEG(dat), 'channel',
[1:EEG(dat).nbchan], 'rmcomps',
        g.rmcomps{dat}, 'trialindices', g.trialindices{dat});

Error in ==> std_precomp at 196
                std_erp(ALLEEG(desset.dataset), 'channels', tmpchanlist,
opts{:},
                addopts{:}, g.erpparams{:});

Error in ==> fish_study_Adjusted_monotone_50 at 91
[STUDY ALLEEG] = std_precomp(STUDY, ALLEEG,
{},'allcomps','on','recompute','on','erp','on');

In the EEGLAB 10_1 the error message changed into:

??? Error using ==> cell.unique at 47
Input must be a cell array of strings.

Error in ==> std_precomp at 187
        if
length(unique([ALLEEG([STUDY.design(g.design).cell.dataset]).pnts])) > 1

Error in ==> fish_study_Adjusted_monotone_50 at 91
[STUDY ALLEEG] = std_precomp(STUDY, ALLEEG,
{},'allcomps','on','recompute','on','erp','on');

Is this something to do with my settings or a bug ? I still use EEGLAB 7.2
since I believe it is the most stable one for my functions.

Best,
Baris

SB Demiral, PhD.
Department of Psychology