[Eeglablist] channel locations, trigger separation and further analysis of meg-data

Marianne Gerloff m.gerloff at tu-bs.de
Thu Apr 28 04:51:13 PDT 2011

Dear everybody,

I’m experimenting with eeglab for some time, but due to the fact that I’m
still new to eeglab, matlab and meg, I have some problems. I want to analyze
meg-data, actually I want to compare eeg and meg-data.

1.       First step is the location file, as far as I know. I know the
locations (as Cartesian system), but I’m not able to produce a location file
that I can save afterwards and open again later. I always get different
error messages. I tried to open a location-file from the tutorial, change it
and save it
 but it doesn’t work, I couldn’t open the saved file later.
After all, I’m not sure about the best file extension, do I have to
normalize the coordinates
 etc. Additionaly: My dataset containes 32
channels, but only 31 have coordinates, the last one is a trigger. Can
eeglab manage this, if the number of channels in the channel location file
is different from the dataset?

2.       Second step: I have continuous data, but 3 different parts of
stimulation, identifiable by the trigger. How can I separate this parts, to
analyze them individually? (averaging, ICA,FFT
)

3.       I’m still not sure how to analyse the meg-data best
 if anybody has
experience or advices, please tell me!

Thanks so far, I hope somebody is patient enough to help a beginner

Marianne Gerloff

__

Marianne Gerloff

Dipl.-Wirtsch.-Ing.

Institut für Elektrische Messtechnik und Grundlagen der Elektrotechnik

Technische Universität Braunschweig

Germany