[Eeglablist] Average Reference

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Wed May 4 17:27:54 PDT 2011

Please see the EGI manual in regards to File Exporting.
You can, if you want to, export your files from Netstation so that
they include the Cz reference channel which I believe EGI nets regularly
use.
See the exporting 128 channels plus the reference.
However, the ordinary path with EGI data is average referencing, because
of good electrode density and thus spatial sampling of the head.

if you import your data without a reference,
I suggest do not click "retain old reference"
If you don't have the reference  in the data,
then you assumedly do have the recording reference channel (whether it was
on the scalp itself or not)