[Eeglablist] EEGLAB support assistance needed

Arnaud Delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Fri May 13 19:18:55 PDT 2011

We invite the EEGLAB user community to help us increase the quality of EEGLAB stability and support. To do this, we are looking for advanced users who would be willing to spend an hour or two a month to help ensure the stability of EEGLAB running on different platforms and Matlab versions.

These are the requirements:

1. Have the SVN software installed on your machine and download (using SVN) both EEGLAB and the EEGLAB test cases (currently 2.5 GB). Only one big download is required. Then, every month, SVN will automatically patch all the changes made to EEGLAB and to the test cases.
2. Be willing to run the EEGLAB test cases about once a month on your system (test cases run automatically; running all of them takes about 1 hour).
3. Report any problem (a sample summary is shown at the end) and help to solve them if/as necessary.

Not only will this further ensure the stability of EEGLAB on your system, your contribution will also be acknowledged on the EEGLAB web site.

Further: Although we do not anticipate any changes to the code that would make it non-backward compatible, accidents do sometimes occur. We ask that advanced users submit additional test functions that check the output of a signal processing function to further ensure their stability across calling parameters and EEGLAB revisions. Simply send us one or more stand-alone functions testing one EEGLAB function each and we will add them to the EEGLAB test case battery. Each function must run in less than 1 minute and use less than 10 MB of data, preferably the sample data included with the EEGLAB distribution.

Thanks for your interest in using, maintaining, and further developing EEGLAB

Arno, Jeff, Dev, & Scott