[Eeglablist] Loading events for Net Station Simple Binary (ignore events) files

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 00:27:29 PDT 2011

There are several issues to be careful about here, especially correct
alignment of events.

1. Your simple solution path is to load each file one at a time, and
put only the events for that Netstation recording epoch.
This requires some manipulation of of the events text file you exported,
so that it only has the required time points, and so that it is
in the correct order/formatting for eeglab to import correctly.

2. see also online documentation in the wiki, and in the functions list,
for importing and editing events and event fields.

3. As I am working with netstation files as well, and dealing with
trying to import more events from netstation, it would be great to
hear about any success you have on this topic. I will be
sure to let you know if I come up with a clear solution
for exchanging rich events from netstation to eeglab.

4. you should be worried about timing alignment issues, be sure to double
check, especially if you are being forced to not save out events with your
file.

5. There's something wrong with your netstation or your files (beyond what
you
described), because you should be able to easily export the events as
a data channel, that ends up in each of the raw files. It's only the TRSP
events (or event fields
form netstation that don't get through automatically). Currently working
on a little sample script that does this.

6. Search eeglab list archives for past communications regarding netstation
files