[Eeglablist] amount of data required for an ICA decomposition of 128 channels

Simon-Shlomo Poil poil at get2net.dk
Tue Jun 14 11:26:20 PDT 2011

Dear Nishant,

I would recommend you to reduce your data using PCA. It usually does
not make much sense to get 128 ICA componets. Around 15 ICA components
seems to be sufficient for artifact rejection.

Best regards,
--
Simon-Shlomo Poil

Neuronal Oscillations and Cognition Group (NOC)
Department of Integrative Neurophysiology (INF)
Center for Neurogenomics and Cognitive Research (CNCR)
Neuroscience Campus Amsterdam
VU University Amsterdam
De Boelelaan 1085, Room B-435
1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands