[Eeglablist] Alpha band extraction from spectopo

Arnaud Delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Sat Jul 9 18:47:42 PDT 2011

Dear Nikos,

yes, you can. For instance to plot alpha power scalp map between 9 and 11 Hz, you may type

figure; [spectrum freqs] = pop_spectopo(EEG, 1, [EEG.xmin EEG.xmax]*1000, 'EEG' , 'percent', 100, 'freq', [6 10 22]);
[tmp minind] = min(abs(freqs-9));
[tmp maxind] = min(abs(freqs-11));
alphaPower = mean(spectrum(:, minind:maxind),2);
figure; topoplot(alphaPower, EEG.chanlocs, 'maplimits', 'maxmin'); cbar;

Best regards,

Arno