[Eeglablist] Add data channel

Bill Prinzmetal wprinz at berkeley.edu
Sat Jul 23 15:31:29 PDT 2011

I have input my data, referenced to all.  I would like to add a new
channel that is not a reference channel, like Keren et al Neuroimage
(2010) that is (VOG + HOG + superior eye etc.).  I can append
channel, but if I check data channel, it protests. If I do not check
that box, it does not change the channels (from 72 to 73).  I could
add the new calculated channel to EEG.data.73, but the number of
channels is wrong.  I could change the nchan but there is probably
more to adding a channel than that.  Is there some simple (or not so
simple) way of adding a new data channel?

I also tried to change the location file to have a channel 73, but it
did not like that either.

Only muggles talk of mind 'reading'.  The mind is not a book to be
opened at will and examined a leisure.  Thoughts are not sketched on
the insides of skulls to be pursued by any invader.  The mind is a
complex and many layered thing.     ~ Professor Severus Snape
Bill Prinzmetal
Psychology Department
University of California
Berkeley, CA 94720
wprinz at berkeley.edu
(510)643-7635 work; (510)236-5013 home; (510)685-8623 cell
For a good time, visit:

http://www.ohsu.edu/csail