[Eeglablist] Weights matrix complex-valued after runica and NaN after binica.

Joseph Dien jdien07 at mac.com
Wed Sep 7 10:54:52 PDT 2011

One way this can happen is if the data has a rank less than the number of variables (that is, some of the variables are informationally redundant or uninformative).  For example, are any of the channels perfectly correlated?  This can happen if you use a mean mastoids reference and include both of the mastoid channels (they will have a perfect -1 correlation).  This can also happen if you have a bad channel and it is completely flat.  There are a number of other scenarios that can cause this too.

Joseph Dienhttp://homepage.mac.com/jdien07/