[Eeglablist] Issues importing 32 bit neuroscan CNT files recorded in scan 4.5

Stephen Politzer-Ahles politzerahless at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 19:21:48 PDT 2011

Hello everyone,

I just succeeded in loading a pretty large .cnt file (32-bit, from Scan 4.3,
Synamps 2 amplifier) using eeglab9_0_7_6b on a 64-bit Windows 7 system. In
the past I wasn't able to load even small .cnt files, but that was using a
different system (32-bit Windows XP). I haven't had an opportunity to try it
with other systems so I don't know if the key is having 64-bit MATLAB versus
32-bit, or having Windows 7 versus Windows XP. (I've also heard that running
EEGLAB in Unix doesn't run into most of these memory problems.)

Best,
Steve Politzer-Ahles