[Eeglablist] filters, ICA and erp

Sara Graziadio sara.graziadio at newcastle.ac.uk
Thu Oct 6 02:50:32 PDT 2011

Hello,
Thanks for your suggestion.

As I was planning to do also a PSD analysis on the data I guess that to remove the mean is not the best method if it works as a non-selective high pass filter, am I right?

I am applying the PCA before applying the ICA to reduce the number of components. How the data rank would be modified in this case?
I have to admit that it never happened to me that the muscle artefact is put in a single source with the ICA. Usually it spreads on half of the components, is this only my experience?

Thanks again

Best wishes

Sara