[Eeglablist] filters, ICA and erp

Emily Kappenman eskappenman at ucdavis.edu
Mon Oct 10 17:51:33 PDT 2011

Hi Jason,

If you download ERPlab (which is a plugin for EEGlab freely available
on erpinfo.org) you can easily apply the Butterworth filter on some of
your data and see what you think.  The filter itself uses the filtfilt
command in Matlab, and you can see the frequency response of the
filter in the GUI within ERPlab.  And the data from the paper is all
available on erpinfo.org as well if you would like to test anything
out on that (erpinfo.org/impedance).  Let me know if you have any
questions/problems!

As for the filtering issue with regard to ICA, you might consider
using certain filter settings that work best for identifying the ICA
components for artifacts you would like to eliminate, and then
backpropagating this information to the original, less severely
filtered data.

-Emily

eskappenman at ucdavis.edu