[Eeglablist] Plotting Spatial PCA Factors

VANDYKE, JUSTINE VANDYKEJ at mailbox.sc.edu
Tue Oct 11 08:00:34 PDT 2011

I am trying to plot a PCA derived spatial factor in Matlab. I have PCA toolkit, EEGlab, and Fieldtrip folders downloaded and included in the path.

In the past, I have worked with a 64 Channel Neuroscan cap, and I have used the following commands (in Matlab):

x = FacPat(:,1);
topoplot(x,'Neuro64.loc');

This time, I used a 128-channel EGI HydroCel net; however, for the PCA, I excluded channels 127 and 128. That leaves 126 recording electrodes and 1 reference electrode (Cz).

I saw in EEGLab that there is a GSN-HydroCel-129.sfp file under 'sample locs'.

I was wondering if I can adapt this/use this somehow to plot my spatial factors. If so, I was wondering if someone could help me with this. I tried simply deleting the channels I am not using and saving the file (as a .loc), but this does not work (using the topoplot function).

Thanks!