[Eeglablist] FW: ICA error

Michels Lars Lars.Michels at kispi.uzh.ch
Tue Oct 11 14:25:17 PDT 2011

Dear EEGlab community

I tried to run an ICA (runica, extended) after some pre-processing steps of my CNT (Neuroscan) data. However, I received the following error:

EEGLAB error in function pop_runica() at line 377:
Undefined function or variable "res"

and warning message:

'Warning: fixing rank computation inconsistency (21 vs 29) most likely because running under Linux 64-bit MatlabAttempting to convert data matrix to double precision for more accurate ICA results.'

Next, I tried different versions of the ICA. Still, the same problem occurs.

When I tried to run ICA on the raw, unprocessed data set (1000 Hz sampling rate) the ICA works (just as a proof of principle). Thus, I tried to apply the ICA on the same unprocessed data set at different sampling rates (250 and 500 Hz). Again, the same error message shows up.

Any ideas? Could this problem be related to the Matlab version I am using (7.11.0.584, R2010b, 64-bit)?

Kindest regards
Lars Michels

Dr. phil. L. Michels, Oberassistent
Institute of Neuroradiology