[Eeglablist] ERP in cue based and asynchronous motor task

Aleksandra Vuckovic Aleksandra.Vuckovic at glasgow.ac.uk
Thu Oct 13 08:31:27 PDT 2011

Dear all,

further to a recent discussion about noise removal using ICA on EEG data filtered with high pass filter of 0,1 Hz, I have one question:
Is it necessary to filter data so low if one analyses ERP of cue-based motor imagery? In this case there is a one second of non-specific motor preparation between a warning and a cue. This is quite different to  self-paced (asynchronous) movements for which we keep the high pass filter low.

To my experience filtering with 01.Hz and 0.5 Hz makes a difference when it comes to ICA based noise removal.

Regards,
Aleksandra