[Eeglablist] filters, ICA and erp

Rey Ramirez rrramir at uw.edu
Fri Oct 14 12:48:20 PDT 2011

Alex,
I don't exactly all the details of your experiment, but usually people get
more dipolar looking IC if you preprocess the data with a 1Hz high pass. So,
you could try it with or without and look at the spatial projection vectors
(i.e., mixing matrix column vectors). Will this high pass filtering have a
huge effect on your data? Better to try it out empirically. Personally, I
think having good dipolar ICs is more important, but ERP folks have have
shown that 1 Hz high passing can really distort the peak pattern, etc.
Rey

e-mail: rrramir at uw.edu
Tel: (206) 543-6484
Fax: (206) 221-6472