[Eeglablist] exporting clipped data to EDF

Peters, Jurriaan Jurriaan.Peters at childrens.harvard.edu
Thu Nov 3 12:47:52 PDT 2011

Hi All,

does anyone have experience with exporting continuous EEG data to EDF, after clipping out bad segments?

I am trying to get a few minutes of clean, eyes-closed data and have clipped out some segments with severe muscle artifact or with the subjects' eyes open.

The transitions between these EEG segments are marked in EEG lab, but appear as high frequency "squeaks" on an exported EDF file.

I would like my processing algorithm to be able to skip over these transitions. For example, an event-marker channel could mark them as "1" rather than "0".

Is there a way to add a channel to the EDF file which contains these markers?

Thanks so much,

Jurriaan Peters

Children's Hospital Boston