[Eeglablist] Dealing with braids or cornrows

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 13:43:10 PST 2011

In our work with several 100 adolescents and adults, our inclusion criteria
do not allow dreadlocks or corn rows, unless these can be taken out, or
unfurled, so to speak. The main issue is that all eeg systems require some
contact with the scalp. You may want to specifically contact.groups that
have published eeg studies using pediatric or adult samples. Overall, this
is an important technical issue, if the field ever.wants to adequately test
participants with thick hair, corn rows, etc...