[Eeglablist] The parallel port - TRIGGERS

Davide Baldo davidebaldo84 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 06:20:58 PDT 2012

Hello all,

When running EEG experiments, I use Psychtoolbox (in Matlab) to
present subjects with different stimuli
So far, I have been using a desktop, that has a parallel port that
allows me to send out the triggers related to the stimuli.
The triggers are accepted in input from the EEG recording system again
via a parallel port.

I would like to use a laptop rather than a desktop to present the
subjects with the stimuli and to send out the related triggers.
The problem is that is hard to find a laptop with a parallel port. I
was wondering if any of you found a solution to this problem.

That would be very helpful!

Thanks in advance,

Davide.