[Eeglablist] Help about sift a plung in eeglab

Tim Mullen mullen.tim at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 11:33:04 PDT 2012

Hi Tongxiao,

Well, the error message pretty much says it all. You have too many
parameters to fit and too few data samples. I presume that you have only
single-trial data and you are either trying to fit the multivariate model
to a very large number of channels/sources or your model order is very
large. The first thing you might do is try selecting fewer
channels/sources.

For more details on data limitations please see:

http://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Chapter_6.6._Model_Fitting_and_Validation#6.6.1.3._Sufficient_amount_of_data

A second option is to use a regularized VAR model (e.g. ridge regression or
sparse VAR model fitting) which allows you to fit models with many more
parameters than data samples. Please contact me directly, if you want to
pursue this route.

Best,

Tim