[Eeglablist] talaraich coordinate question

Alejandro alejandro at sccn.ucsd.edu
Thu Dec 13 12:36:13 PST 2012

Hi Julia and all,

Yes indeed Arno, a years ago I wrote a little code to label dipoles that
are in MNI space, I believe it was incorporated in MTP plugin (Nima
Bigdely-Shamlo). I'm copying the name of the function with its help so
you can check if you have it, if not let me know and I'll send it to you.

Alejandro

--------------  matlab code ---------------------

% [Pdipoles,labels] = label_dipoles(points)
%
%
% Computes the prior probabilities of dipoles to belong to certain
% anatomical regions, given a brain atlas.
%
% Inputs:
%
% points: N X 3 set of N dipole locations in MNI space, if the size of
points
% is N X 4, the column 4 represents the uncertainty in the localization
of the
% dipole, this can be used to construct a spheroidal pdf centered on
each dipole, by
% default, the sigma of the pdf is 0.
%
% Outputs:
%
% Pdipoles: N X Number of anatomical regions, contains the probability
of each
% dipole to belong to different anatomical regions.
%
% labels: cell array with the name of the anatomical regions
%
% Note: This software has been tested using the LPBA40/SPM5(GM) maps
% povided by the LONI project and defined in the article:
% David W. Shattuck, et al., Construction of a 3D probabilistic atlas of
human cortical structures, NeuroImage,
% Volume 39, Issue 3, 1 February 2008, Pages 1064-1080, ISSN 1053-8119,
DOI: 10.1016/j.neuroimage.2007.09.031.
%
(http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/B6WNP-4PSC25J-1/2/213a6d22d8a5b67b411e2de09a7d03bf)
%