[Eeglablist] Dividing datasets into halves

jfochoaster . jfochoaster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 13:05:31 PST 2013

Dear Magda, I use the following lines when I was trying the split-half
approach

If you have loaded one dataset

    EEG_even = EEG;

    %se crea el dataset par
    [channels samples epochs] = size(EEG.data);

    EEG_even.data = EEG_even.data(:,:,2:2:epochs);

    [channels samples epochs] = size(EEG_even.data);

    EEG_even.trials = epochs;

    EEG_even.epoch = {};

    [EEG_even,changes] = eeg_checkset(EEG_even);

    pop_saveset(EEG_even,'filepath',EEG.filepath,'filename',[ EEG.setname
'_even.set']);

    EEG_odd = EEG;

    [channels samples epochs] = size(EEG.data);

    EEG_odd.data = EEG_odd.data(:,:,1:2:epochs);

    [channels samples epochs] = size(EEG_odd.data);

    EEG_odd.trials = epochs;

    EEG_odd.epoch = {};

    [EEG_odd,changes] = eeg_checkset(EEG_odd);

    pop_saveset(EEG_odd,'filepath',EEG.filepath,'filename',[ EEG.setname
'_odd.set']);

I hope this works for you

Best

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 7:42 AM, Magda Gawłowska <mag.gawlowska at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear EEGlab Users,
>
> I'm quite new to Matlab scripting as I was previously using only GUI
> version of EEGLab. I was wondering if you can help me with scripting
> problem. I suppose it's not very complicated, but I have a hard time with
> finding the solution.
>
> So, here we go - I  have segmented datasets with different number of
> events in each one. I wanted to divide sets into halves and save them as
> the 1st and the 2nd half. Up until now I've been doing it by simply using:
> Eidt -> select data -> epoch range, but it takes ages to do it manually. Is
> there any way to do it using script, so that Matlab checks number of events
> in every dataset at first, and then takes the 1st and 2nd half separately?
>
> I would be grateful for any help!
>
> Greetings,
>

> Magda

John Ochoa