[Eeglablist] How to calculate average over specific time frame

Laan, L.N. van der (Nynke) L.N.vanderLaan at uu.nl
Sat Nov 30 11:18:11 PST 2013

Hello all,

I am trying to calculate the mean value of an ERP over a specific timeframe (300-500 ms post stimulus (N400)), separately for each channel. But I can’t seem to find how to do that with EEGLab. I already used the averaging functions (e.g., http://cognitrn.psych.indiana.edu/busey/temp/eeglabtutorial4.301/maintut/data_averaging.html) for other purposes, but what I would like to have now is one mean value (potential) per subject per condition. I need to prepare the data for a colleague who is going to process the data further in SPSS.

I have epoched the datasets for all of my subjects and conditions (Subject1condA, subject2condB, etc.). What to do next?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Nynke