[Eeglablist] Filter causality pop_eegfiltnew

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Wed Jan 29 19:19:42 PST 2014

Dear Vito, Andreas, and Tim,

Let me revisit this topic.
Andreas, please correct me if I'm wrong.

The default EEGLAB filter (pop_eegfiltnew) outputs zero-phase lag results,
but is actually a *causal *and* linear-phase *filter. It shifts everything
back after the filtering by half the length of the filter. It means it does
not use filtfilt even though it is zero-phase lag. Vito, if my explanation
above is correct, EEGLAB filter should be fine for Granger analysis... Am I
correct?

Makoto

2014-01-16 Vito de Feo <vito.defeo at zmnh.uni-hamburg.de>