[Eeglablist] Event types after rejection of IC's

Hendrik Enders henders at kin.ucalgary.ca
Fri Feb 21 14:58:26 PST 2014

Hello,

I have a dataset of continuous EEG data (65 channels, 500 Hz). I import
a list of events that have three different types (denoted 1,2,3). In my
case this corresponds to events at different time points, early, mid and
late during the recordings. I extract epochs based on the event types.

After I perform ICA and reject the clear noise components the three
event types/epoch types are lost and merged into just one event type
(denoted by 1). This happens after I remove components. I can still see
all three event types when I scroll through my data after performing
ICA. However, after rejecting components I cannot see the individual
event types anymore.

I am asking this as I wish to average over my epochs according to early,
mid and late during my experience. However, I want to make sure that for
all three conditions I reject the same IC's. That's why I don't want to
isolate the three conditions first and then run the ICA on each one of
them.

I would appreciate any support or help.

Thanks

Hendrik