[Eeglablist] bad data rejection

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Thu Feb 27 20:42:37 PST 2014

Dear Iman,

> 1-      Is it possible to define more than one epoch in EEGLAB with
different pre/post stim time ?

No.

> 2-      If you want to reject bad data from the continuous dataset, it is
possible that you reject a segment of data which would be a part of an
epoch or even two  later.

Sure, but the imperfect epoch that does not have the full epoch length will
not be generated.

> -          How EEGLAB handle this issue?

By throwing it away.

> -          Also, it is possible that a bad segment is a part of two
epochs ( I am talking on continuous data before epoching though) ; for
example a bad segment could be a part of post-stim of epoch1 and pre-stim
of epoch2? What happens to event markers of those "tentative epoch"!

Sure, and in this case two overlapping epochs will be thrown away when
creating epochs.