[Eeglablist] Import timelocked fieldtrip data for plotting

barbara.schorr at uni-ulm.de barbara.schorr at uni-ulm.de
Mon Mar 3 00:41:00 PST 2014

Dear EEGlab-Users,

I am new here and after looking through tutorials and trying my best I
finally try to get help this way:
I have EEG Data (ERP P300 Oddball task), originally recorded with an
EGI 256 channel system.
I did all the processing (pre and post) with fieldtrip. I now have
timelocked data that I want to plot. Fieldtrip only displays a 2D
topoplot but I would like to plot the data as 3D on a head or brain
surface.

I tried to import my fieldtrip data via the GUI of eeglab, either as
.mat or also as -ascii, but I got always the message "unsopported file
format".

I know that there is also the function fieldtrip2eeglab.m, but I did
not find a lot of info about this (only other mail requests for help
with it). I tried it and it also did not work.

I am rather new to both, fieldtrip and eeglab, so I would really
appreciate your help and I am sorry if this is a question that you
probably get a lot.

Best,
Barbara

Barbara Schorr, MSc