[Eeglablist] How to disentangle two events?

James Desjardins jdesjardins at brocku.ca
Tue Mar 11 10:08:35 PDT 2014

Hi Florian,

The following code should be close to what you are looking for:

%make sure that the events are stored chronologically...
EEG=eeg_checkset(EEG,'eventconsistency');

%loop through the events looking for events that are within a "point_range" of each other...
%store the indexes of the "too close" events in the "reject_index" array...
point_range=50;
reject_index=[];
j=0;
for i=1:length(EEG.event)-1;
    if EEG.event(i+1).latency-EEG.event(i).latency<point_range;
        j=j+1;
        reject_index(j)=i+1;
    end
end

%purge the "too close" events...
EEG.event(reject_indexes)=[];

The way that this is currently written ignores the event type an will always purge the second event of two "too close" events... even if the purge event is a "boundary" event. If you also need to place contingencies on the event type I could expand it out for you.

James Desjardins, MA
Electrophysiology Technologist
Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience Lab, Psychology Department
Jack and Nora Walker Centre for Lifespan Development Research
Brock University
500 Glenridge Ave.
St. Catharines, ON, Canada L2S 3A1
905-688-5550 x4676
--
"'Cause you never can tell What goes on down below!
"This pool might be bigger Than you or I know!"

McElligot's Pool
Dr.Seuss 1947