[Eeglablist] Should I use linear DC-detrend after a high pass filter?

诸梦妍 bj12116 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 07:25:30 PDT 2014

Dear eeglablist,

I'm confused about the relationship between DC-detrend and high-pass filter.

According to
http://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Chapter_6.5._Preprocessing
DC-detrend is an alternative to high-pass filter, as they both could remove
drifts.

Is this mean I needn't use DC-detrend after a 0.1Hz high-pass filter?

My recordings were amplified through BrainAmp DC amplifiers with a bandpass
filter of 0.016-100 Hz, digitized on-line with a sampling frequency of 1000
Hz. Then the data was processed and segmented to -200 to 800ms epochs.

Any suggestions are welcome.
Thank you in advance!

Mengyan Zhu

--
Mengyan Zhu
Psychology department, Peking University
 E-mail: bj12116 at gmail.com