[Eeglablist] Problem with marking data epoch for rejection (Tomek Ligeza)

Bethel Osuagwu b.osuagwu.1 at research.gla.ac.uk
Mon Mar 31 11:42:29 PDT 2014

Hi Tomek,

I have had a look at the function pop_rejspec() and it is quite weird on how it takes input. On EEGLAB 12.0.2.5b  and probably on other versions, if you look for the lines inside the function pop_rejspec() that goes  thus:

if exist('reject') ~= 1
    reject = 1;
end;

This code is looking for a variable 'reject' that does not exist! therefore 'reject' is always set to 1 resulting in the trials being rejected. A work arround would be to change this thus:

if exist('reject') ~= 1
    reject = 0; % %%% edited by me%%%%
end;

and then run your command thus:

EEG=pop_rejspec(EEG,1,[1:EEG.nbchan-5],-100,30,25,45,0,0);

And that should produce the desired result.

Thanks
Bethel