[Eeglablist] EEG validation help requested

Ádám Lóska edwardfmo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 06:30:22 PDT 2014

Dear List,

We are new in the field of Neuroscience, and we would like to get some
expert help in the topic. We have some EEG recordings, and we would like if
someone could help us validate, whether the recorded data can be
interpreted as a valid EEG recording, or is it off for some reason.

We work with a g.Tec device called g.USBAmp with a STIMbox and SSVEPbox. We
conducted an SSVEP experiment, where the subject had to focus on one of
four flickering lights. We measure the response of the visual cortex with
EEG device at locations PO7, PO3, POz, PO4, PO8, O1, Oz, O2, ground
location was FPz, reference was the right earlobe. Each  training session
consisted of 20 trial. In every trial, the user had to focus on a given
light for 10 seconds, then there were about 6 seconds rest time. The order
of the targets are 1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, etc, with flickering frequencies of
10, 11, 12 and 13 Hz respectively, except in the session 6, when the
frequencies are 10, 12, 14 and 16 Hz.

In the MATLAB files under the following link, channel 1 represents a
timestamp, channels 2-9 the 8 EEG channels, channel 10 indicates the
trials, and channel 11 is irrelevant. the trials are marked with a 1 in
case of active focus, and 0 in case of resting time, and the current target
frequency can be calculated as above (10 Hz for the first trial, 11 (or 12)
Hz for the second, etc. starting again at trial 5 with 10 Hz, etc.)

We have uploaded the measured data, which are available by the link below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ww2j98zfl2daeyy/trainings.rar

Training session 4,5 and 7 are with 10,11,12,13 Hz frequencies and session
6 is with 10,12,14,16Hz.

Thank you in advance!

Ádám Lóska