[Eeglablist] Dealing with bad channels in merged datasets

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Fri Apr 4 19:36:25 PDT 2014

Dear Erickson,

> However, since the setup is identical between sessions, we are merging
the datasets from each subject's 4 sessions into a large dataset,

Sorry to point this out, but you can't do this because electrode cap
applications were different for each of 4 recordings, right?

Even a re-gelling can move a channel and create 'another' IC which shows
'blocked' ERPimages...

Run ICA separately for each of 4 recording sessions. If you don't have
enough datapoints, you can run pca to reduce dimensions. For infomax, after
'extended', 1, continue 'pca', 20 for example.