[Eeglablist] When to perform re-reference?

Brian Scally scallybrian at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 08:37:15 PDT 2014

Hi there,

I have been following the discussion. So it is recommended to re-reference
to average after removing channels/epochs and right before running
ICA. Suppose I plan on running ICA twice: the first time to identify epochs
that are affected by improbable components, after which the epochs will be
removed. The second time would be to remove actual components. Do I need to
re-reference before the first, or will before the second suffice?

Cheers,
Brian

Brian Scally