[Eeglablist] Towards a New Cognitive Neuroscience

Scott Makeig smakeig at ucsd.edu
Sun Jun 22 07:45:43 PDT 2014

A new special topic collection of papers on various aspects of mobile
brain/body imaging (MoBI) has been published online by Frontiers in Human
Neuroscience. Thanks to Klaus Gramann for organizing it and the morning
workshop at the recent Human Brain Mapping meeting in Hamburg. The results
presented there by Klaus, John Foxe (Einstein, NYC), Dan Ferris (U Mich)
and I, plus first results reported in several posters from U Graz and Ghent
pointed to the exciting possibilities of using EEG to record brain dynamics
of humans acting and interacting naturally, both to study brain control of
motor behavior as well as many other cognitive competencies. I was
particularly excited by commonalities I saw in results of the ICA
source-resolved analyses.
Scott Makeig   (SCCN/UCSD)

Towards a New Cognitive Neuroscience: Modeling Natural Brain Dynamics

Topic Editors:

Klaus Gramann
<http://www.frontiersin.org/Community/WhosWhoActivity.aspx?UID=5473&sname=KlausGramann>
, Berlin Institute of Technology, Germany
Scott Makeig
<http://www.frontiersin.org/Community/WhosWhoActivity.aspx?UID=7655&sname=ScottMakeig_1>
, UCSD, USA
Tzyy-Ping Jung
<http://www.frontiersin.org/Community/WhosWhoActivity.aspx?UID=75118&sname=Tzyy-PingJung>
, University of California San Diego, USA
Daniel P. Ferris
<http://www.frontiersin.org/Community/WhosWhoActivity.aspx?UID=16862&sname=DanielFerris>
, University of Michigan, USA
Chin-Teng Lin
<http://www.frontiersin.org/Community/WhosWhoActivity.aspx?UID=75218&sname=Chin-TengLin>
, National Chiao-Tung University, Taiwan

http://www.frontiersin.org/Human_Neuroscience/researchtopics/Towards_a_New_Cognitive_Neuros/1360

--
Scott Makeig, Research Scientist and Director, Swartz Center for
Computational Neuroscience, Institute for Neural Computation, University of