[Eeglablist] How to plot cluster ERP topo maps at specific latencies

James Jones-Rounds jj324 at cornell.edu
Mon Jun 23 10:29:51 PDT 2014

Thank you Makoto! However, what I am specifically interested in is the
topoplot of the cluster ERP..I suppose I will just feed topoplot the
STUDY.cluster.erp field in as the "datavector", in order to plot what I'm
after?

Thank you,

James

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 1:26 PM, Makoto Miyakoshi <mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu>
wrote:

> Dear James,
>
> The topoplot help says:
>
> >>  topoplot(datavector, EEG.chanlocs);   % plot a map using an EEG
> chanlocs structure
>
> This means that if you have EEG.chanlocs (which you must have if you are
> set up with your channels correctly using EEGLAB) and channel values you
> can plot scalp topo of whatever kind.
>
> For example, let's say you have -1 to 2 sec epoch, sampled at 250 Hz, 64
> channels, and 100 trials. Your EEG.data should be 64x750x100. If you want
> to show the scalp topo of the mean ERP between 100 to 250 ms, it can be
> done by (off the top of my head)
>
> topoplot(mean(mean(EEG.data(:,[275:313],:),2),3), EEG.chanlocs)
>
> Makoto
>

> On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 12:18 PM, James Jones-Rounds <jj324 at cornell.edu>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I am trying to generate topographic ERP plots (i.e. scalp maps) at just
>> specific latencies, from my component clusters. The EEGLAB website seems to
>> say it's not possible:
>>
>> I found this on the EEGLAB website (
>> http://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Chapter_06:_Study_Statistics_and_Visualization_Options
>> ):
>> "Finally, for data channels (but not for component clusters) an
>> additional option is available to plot ERP scalp maps at specific
>> latencies. "
>>
>> Does anyone know how to do this for component cluster ERPs? Thank you in
>> advance!!
>>
>> James
>>
>> --
>> James Jones-Rounds
>> Laboratory Manager
>> Human Development EEG and Psychophysiology (HEP) Laboratory,
>> Department of Human Development,
>> eeglablist-request at sccn.ucsd.edu
>>

> --
> Makoto Miyakoshi

James Jones-Rounds
Laboratory Manager
Human Development EEG and Psychophysiology (HEP) Laboratory,
Department of Human Development,
Cornell University | Ithaca, NY
607-255-9883
eeg at cornell.edu