[Eeglablist] what parameters should we use for spectopo?

Friedman Doron doronf at idc.ac.il
Fri Dec 19 09:59:49 PST 2014

Hi,

The bottom figure shows what we get with the default spectopo – this is what seems to be clean EEG with approx. 80 second duration from 64 electrode data. The code is:
figure; pop_spectopo(EEG, 1, [0  80000], 'EEG' , 'freqrange',[2 60],'electrodes','off')

perhaps this is line noise or something – if we run a filter the noise is gone.  But what concerns me is that if we use if we use some other parameters we can get rid of it, without any filter, e.g, the top figure is generated by:
figure; pop_spectopo(EEG, 1, [0  80000], 'EEG' , 'freqrange',[2 60],'electrodes','off','winsize', 1024, 'nfft', 1024);

so - we would be happy to know what are the recommended parameters for spectopo.

Link to figures:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xdj3nehwyegu9u0/fig.png?dl=0

Thx!

-          Doron