[Eeglablist] PhD grant (funded for 3 years)

Jordi Solé-Casals jordi.sole at uvic.cat
Fri Dec 19 14:11:24 PST 2014

Dear colleague,

Please find below an announcement for a PhD grant in our university. Please
forward to potential candidates. Don't hesitate to contact me for further
information or problem.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Jordi

****

UVIC PhD fellowships

A call for candidates for PhD fellowships funded by the UVIC has been issued
<http://www.uvic.cat/beques-per-a-estudis-de-doctorat>. The deadline for
applications is January 12th 2014, and the lines of research for which the
fellowships can be taken at the EPS are:

   - Modern Signal Processing – SP Tools for Brain Data Enhancement and
   Analysis:

The objetive of this project is to apply recently proposed SP models /
algorithms and to develop new techniques for analysis and processing of
brain data such as EEG, ECoG, functional MRI, diffusion tensor MRI, etc.

Modern SP models and algorithms to be explored includes the following, but
other approaches could be investigated too:

- Sparse models and Compressed Sensing – CS

- Matrix / Tensor decompositions

- Low rank matrix / tensor models

This project will be developed in collaboration with Dr. Cesar F. Caiafa (
ccaiafa at gmail.com) from CONICET / University of Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Interested candidates should send an email to Prof. Jordi Solé-Casals (
jordi.sole at uvic.cat) including the following information:

1) CV (including the names and contact information of two referees)

2) Copy of the candidate academic records.

3) Letter of commitment

4) Optional: description of research interests related to the proposed
project
****

--------------
Jordi Solé-Casals
Head of Data and Signal Processing Research Group
<http://mon.uvic.cat/eps/research/research-groups/research-group-on-data-and-signal-processing/>
Polytechnic School <http://mon.uvic.cat/eps/>
University of Vic - Central University of Catalonia <http://www.uvic.cat>
C/ de la Laura, 13, 08500 Vic, Catalunya
Tel: +34 93 881 5519 // Fax: +34 93 881 4307
e-mail: jordi.sole at uvic.at
twitter: @jsolec
Impactstory <https://impactstory.org/JordiSole-casals>
ResearchGate profile