[Eeglablist] Large data file appears empty

Michael Boyle mrboyle at live.unc.edu
Wed Aug 26 10:49:40 PDT 2015

I have had some experience loading files that looked like there was no data
in the sense that everything was railed for the entire recording. We got
around this by applying a 0.1Hz high-pass filter in the software tools
provided by the company that built our acquisition system (EGI in our case)
before loading it in EEGLAB. This immediately solved the issue, but I can't
really say why (I'm not sure if the data in the EGI native file format are
double-precision floats or not so I can't chalk it up to a precision issue
converting double to float when large DC offsets are present). Might this
be the case here?

Michael