[Eeglablist] Regular expression to extract epochs from continuous EEG data

Anne Mickan amickan1990 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 02:17:45 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I would like to extract and segment a subpart of trials from my continuous
EEG data based on the marker names for the trials. My trial names are
rather long and an example marker name would be
this: S1_con1_sub1_corr_corrresp_Snr_12

I would like to epoch all trials of condition 1 (con1) that are correct
(corr) and ignore all others. I know I can describe the type of markers I
want using the following regular expression: S1_con1_sub\d_corr_\w+.+

I just don't know how to correctly embed this regular expression into the
epoch() function in my Matlab script. I've tried a few things already, but
nothing worked properly. My question is thus: How do I tell Matlab / EEGlab
to go through the list of markers (i.e. trials/epochs) in the current
dataset and to only select the ones fitting the above regexp string for
epoching?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Best,
Anne