[Eeglablist] runica not recognized as a parameter in pop_runica

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 06:37:59 PDT 2016

Greetings Vishal, this is unusual error that probably has to do with your
installation, or the function or something it needs has been corrupted or
deleted. The function should not fail to accept parameters it normally
accepts :) . I'll assume you have thoroughly reviewing the runica function
documentation. Below are some very simple suggestions that should get you
back to a working runica.

I would say make sure you have a recent copy of matlab and a fresh new copy
of eeglab, and that you have eeglab only on the matlab path. Make sure you
have a full correct installation of eeglab, and there are no other
toolboxes loaded in your matlab path. Then, using the GUI only at first,
load one of the tutorial datasets from the eeglab tutorial, and show
yourself that runica works (or not). After success running ICA from the
GUI, type eegh to get the full command that was just run, and review the
command that was run. Then open your preprocessed file and attempt run ICA
from the GUI on your file. Leave the options on default, which should be on
runica.

If your problem persists after trying the steps above, please send another
note. You may also want to check and update eeglab bugzilla if the problem
persists for you.