[Eeglablist] DIPFIT

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 13:41:23 PDT 2016

Hello Boris, yes it sounds like you want to have a "dipole" "center"
for all the dipoles from different ICs and subjects that are
clustered together using the STUDY tools.To start, try a full
review/practice of the eeglab tutorial on STUDY level methods if you
haven't had a chance to yet.

Each IC has a dipole (or two), each subject has multiple ICs, and when
clustering is done in STUDY level of eeglab, then one can find
centroids for the cloud of dipoles for a particular IC cluster.  This
is done relatively easily, at least the basic version. Download and
use the eeglab STUDY tutorial data, and see how the clustering and
dipoles look there first.
Further, you can examine the matlab variables and EEG structure and
STUDY structure when doing so those STUDY IC+dipole clustering steps.

Check out the EEGlab online summer school videos for more about
dipfit, dipoles, and study.
Check out several recent eeglab articles using dipifit (search eeglab
+ dipfit in google scholar), you'll find articles like the following.
Also, google "eeglablist + your topic" for past instances of responses
about this topic on eeglablist.
Below are just a few examples, you can easily find them on google
scholar. Please allow me to suggest contacting Knyazev.

Comparison of spatial and temporal independent component analyses of
electroencephalographic data: a simulation study
GG Knyazev - Clinical Neurophysiology, 2013 - Elsevier

ERPs and their brain sources in perceptual and conceptual prospective
memory tasks: Commonalities and differences between the two tasks
G Cruz, M Miyakoshi, S Makeig, K Kilborn, J Evans - Neuropsychologia,
2016 - Elsevier

An EEG-based study of discrete isometric and isotonic human lower limb
muscle contractions
JT Gwin, DP Ferris - Journal of neuroengineering …, 2012 -
jneuroengrehab.biomedcentral.com

Clusters of mu rhythm from EEG data: A comparative study between 61
and 19 channel datasets
G Tacchino, AM Bianchi - … of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine …, 2015
- ieeexplore.ieee.org

Depressive rumination and the emotional control circuit: An EEG
localization and effective connectivity study
MA Ferdek, CM van Rijn, M Wyczesany - Cognitive, Affective, &
Behavioral …, 2016 - Springer