[Eeglablist] baseline correction for ERSPs

Pandelis Perakakis peraka at ugr.es
Fri Dec 23 13:02:24 PST 2016

Thank you Daniele,

looking closer at std_precomp.m I found 'rmbase' with the comment % deprecated, for backward compatibility purposes, not documented

I assume it has been replaced by the option 'baseline' found at newtimef.m

However the help of newtime.f is not clear (at least to me) on how to define a custom baseline, e.g. from -600 to -200ms. Here is what the help file says about the 'baseline' parameter:

'baseline'  = Spectral baseline end-time (in ms). NaN --> no baseline is used.
%                     A [min max] range may also be entered
%                     You may also enter one row per region for baseline
%                     e.g. [0 100; 300 400] considers the window 0 to 100 ms and
%                     300 to 400 ms This parameter validly defines all baseline types
%                     below. Again, [NaN] Prevent baseline subtraction.
%                     {default: 0 -> all negative time values}.

I tried 'baseline', [-600 -200] but got en error.

I could dig into the script to see what baseline does exactly, but I would appreciate it if someone could enlighten me about how to use this option.

Thanks again!
Pandelis

--
Pandelis Perakakis, PhD
Mind, Brain and Behaviour Research Centre (CIMCYC)

e-mail: peraka at ugr.es
url: pandelisperakakis.wordpress.com