[Eeglablist] Average reference issue (channels become flat)

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 18:49:16 PDT 2017

Hello Ramtin, some quick suggestions below..please let the list know if you
come up with some good solutions/reasons.

Check out chapters on referencing in handbooks from Luck and from Mike X
Cohen.
Review articles on referencing and referencing issues.
Flatter channels are not unusual both before and after rereferencing.
Central channel when used as reference can also often be flat.
Overall this should not be a big problem for you, I'd recommend dropping
any flat looking channels unless you have a principled reason to keep them.
Google past eeglablist posts that may have dealt with this topic.